2.09.2009

To Hell With Birthdays Anyway

Tomorrow is my birthday. Nobody seems to care. I don't even know if I care that much. It's kind of scary really - when I was a kid, I used to be convinced that I would die at the age of 32. For years, I knew it was the doomed age for me. So, tomorrow, I will be 32 and next year, my ex-husband (the one who tried to kill me) will be up for parole. Coincidence? A bit to close for comfort if you ask me. Maybe I should do my tarot reading. Not that I ever put much stock in the cards...but, I accurately predicted my little brother's death when I read his.

I have a tradition. Every year, on my birthday, I try to do something I've never done before. Last year it was snowboarding. After asking and asking everyone I know, I finally got some good suggestions for this year. Originally, I wanted to bungee jump off of the Royal Gorge Bridge. But, it seems they only offer that in summer. I'd go skydiving in a second, but I think it's too cold for that. Several people suggested this place in town that lets you "skydive" into a wind tunnel. In my opinion, that's what I'd call skydiving for pussies. It's like a temporary tattoo. Just balls-up and jump out of a real plane ya bunch of ninnies!!

Some great ideas this time were: pet a mountain lion, fly a helicopter and....another one I can't remember. I think I was just too excited by the other two. So, I hear flying a helicopter is outrageously expensive due to fuel costs lately. I've also been trying to track down a rescue group in the area that allow you to visit their feline "ambassadors". No dice yet. A wolf, I can find. No big kitties.

I guess I'm left without any ideas this year. I'm also left without any enthusiasm. Birthdays are seriously depressing. >sigh<

2 comments:

Immortal Woman said...

Suggestions for your birthday:

1. Call the police station find out where the battered woman shelter is near where you live - go buy a bundle of tissues and teddy bears and take them to those women and children. It will make your birthday mean something to them.

2. Karaoke- Go somewhere alone and pick a song you may have sung to yourself in the shower or bopping around the house. Among strangers it is not near as humiliating as it sounds - still very scary

3. Batting Cages - very scary, very dangerous when you do not know what you are doing, and can possibly cause bodily damage.

4. Go to an old mans funeral, all whorish looking, lean over him within earshot of some of his old guy friends, and announce he was the best you ever had and you will miss him forever. then leave, it will give them all something to talk about!


If the things we felt in our younger years were going to happen to us when we were older, I would be on my own jet right now. And when my ex got out, he had a lot of other things on his mind rather than me. I wish you a good birthday, give your self something grand, and permission to be happy.

ghost said...

i vote for number 4. thats hilarious, though it might hurt a widows feelings. so, make sure theres no widows.


happy birthday