12.28.2009

Slow Going

Monday morning after a long holiday is always hard to come back to. Of course, if I was self-employed I wouldn't have this problem. I probably wouldn't have to scrape ice off of the damned windshield either. Hopefully, in 2010, my Etsy store will take off and I'll be on my way to self-employment in no time. (power of positive thinking)

How was your holiday? Mine turned out to be much better than expected. I spent the night at Mom's house on Christmas Eve and we watched A Christmas Carol with George C. Scott. That's the best one, in my opinion. I couldn't watch it without comparing it to the Muppets version though. We managed not to get into a fight, mainly because I was able to hold my tongue. I didn't have to deal with her "other family" either.

After Mom's house, I went to visit Dad. I was sure that, by two in the afternoon, he'd be completely sloshed. I was dreading it all the way there. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that he was more sober than I'd seen him in a long time. Granted, he was still downing whiskey like water, but I guess he started later than usual. We ate lunch/dinner and opened packages from the rest of my family. I felt a little bad for not giving my dad more presents. But, I'm broke and men are hard to buy for.

I've got to endure only three days this week, and then I'm off for another four!

1 comment:

phx said...

hey, what's the address of your etsy shop?