12.10.2007

Another Casket in Hell

On Saturday morning, my grandfather died. He was the last grandfather I had left. I hardly knew the guy though. He was my mother's father and nobody on that side of the family is terribly close. In all honesty, I kind of thought the guy was a jerk. He was loaded, but I never saw a birthday card or a Christmas gift from him. Ever. I remember meeting him only once or twice in my lifetime. He was nice to me then, but didn't show any real warmth. Even my mother, his daughter, doesn't seem terribly upset. The only problem at this point is that I might be expected to fly to California on short notice, and I'm leaving for NY in two weeks.

Despite all of the above though, I find myself a little depressed by his death. It's probably because my brother died in May and I feel like everyone is dying all of a sudden. In the past seven months, seven people in my family or connected to my family have died. My dad says that he'll be glad to see 2007 go. But, I don't think things like this are bound by what year or what day it is.

No comments: