1.03.2006

Hellish New Year

Hello. I'd like to warn any potential viewers against the content of this post. If you want to read a post about 3 intelligent orphans and their brushes with an evil count, I'm sure there's one on the next blog over. There's still plenty of time. But, if you like to read about a complete stranger and hear her whine about her pathetic life, you've come to the right place.

The first thought that sprang to mind on the morning of January 1st, 2006 was that I'd like to kill myself. I don't think it had a whole lot to do with where I woke up or who I woke up next to. After all, I could have done worse. Mystery solved anyway. I don't think it was lack of medication, and I wasn't hung over either. But, for some reason, I was really depressed and I haven't been able to shake this feeling since.

It's not that I didn't have a good time on New Year's Eve. I went to a bar with Shenry, The Silver Queen and the Anti-Shen. It was a fairly quiet evening, at least the way I remember it. I remember that, for what I think may be the very first time, I had a whole bunch of fun with Silver. I've always enjoyed her company before, but somehow this time we really clicked. That was cool. I also remember that I was waaaay too preoccupied with the waiter. Almost to the point of being rude to my companions, I think. I suck.

Don't worry though. I'm on enough meds not to try to actually hurt myself. So, don't expect to hear about me in the hospital or read my obituary. I've just been thinking about it. A lot.

Really though, what do I have to bitch about? I've definately lived through worse periods in my life. I still have my job and a place to live. I wrote out my resolutions and everything. So, what's my problem. New Year's funk?

No comments: