1.17.2008

How To Look Busy In Hell

I could have sworn that I'd posted since that "squirrels and poppyseeds" thing. I returned day-before-last from California. That was interesting. You'd think I'd have a huge pile of shit on my desk to work on, but no. Just as boring as ever. So, I wrote a move review for I Am Legend (you know where to find it by now, I hope) and applied for a new job. Since I'm stuck here for another 45 minutes, I might as well post some tripe.

Neko's Guide to Looking Busy at the Office:

1. Always walk quickly, like you're in a hurry to get somewhere.

2. Try to look tired and stressed out. It helps if you furrow your brow alot and grumble quietly to yourself.

3. Carry a piece of paper, an envelope or a folder wherever you go.

4. Type up your movie reviews in MS Word, so it isn't readily apparent that what you're doing isn't work related. Cut and paste into Blogger when done.

5. Keep a pile of papers and files at your desk. Periodically rearrange them, so it looks like some progress is being made. It's the same technique you tried to fool mom with when you didn't want to finish dinner.

6. If you're going to socialize, make friends with someone on another floor.

7. Make up bullshit projects for yourself, like reorganizing the archives in the basement or highlighting employees names on the phone list with different markers depending on which department they're in.

Just some of the highlights of my week. If you're reading this blog, chances are that you have already learned how to get away with goofing off at the office.

No comments: