2.13.2008

Wake Up In Hell

This morning, I blinked my eyes awake and realized that it wasn't my alarm clock that had awoken me. I fumbled around for my cell phone (which has been acting as an alarm clock)and checked the time. Usually, when I wake up completely on my own, it's past time for me to be at work. Today, I was 5 minutes ahead of my alarm. I found my glasses and put them on. The light in my bedroom was on. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was jammed in a corner of the couch (which has been acting as a bed). There was a glass of red wine spilled on the floor. Ugh...I must have fallen asleep reading last night...that means I didn't take my meds or brush my teeth or anything...Oh god, I feel like crap...I've got to figure out a way not to have to get up in the mornings anymore...really, that should be my goal from now on.

By the time I finish it, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will be the longest book I've ever read. It will narrowly beat out Tolstoy's Anna Karenina. I'm counting page numbers, of course, not word count or difficulty level. HP weighs in at 870 pages. After that, I've got one 652 page book and another 784 page novel to go before I'm done with Mr. Potter. My reward for finishing each is to buy the DVD that's next in line. At the moment, I have the first two movies and when I finish The Order of the Phoenix, I will buy the third movie on DVD. I suppose reading the book will be its own reward, but there has to be something holding me back from spending all my money at once.

I met a girl recently who told me that she had a craft business and she worked from home. As it turned out, she was an Etsy seller with a scant 4 items to offer in her store. While I think it's cool that she's actually started to get something off the ground, I don't know if it qualifies as a business. "Fake it 'till you make it." I guess. She had the luxury of working from home because her bf is loaded, not because she reached that summit via talent alone.

There's got to be a way that I can leave this mundane 8-5 world and thrive.

1 comment:

ghost said...

there is nothing better thana good book.