6.03.2005

Another Night in Hell

I promised to tell date 2. Well, there's not very much to tell, so I'm going to give just the high and low lights.

I met Van at his condo last Saturday night. There was no trouble finding his complex, but I spent about 10 minutes knocking on the wrong door. This should have been the first indication that the night wasn't going to go well for me. I got all dressed up again. This time, I went for the school girl from Hell look. Problem was, I wore the most uncomfortable shoes in the world. This whole week, I've been wearing sandals to work so that the cuts on my feet can heal. Would it be so much to ask the world for a hot pair of shoes that don't destroy my flesh? That's what I get for trying to be sexy.

When I arrived, Van had a friend visiting. He already has a nickname - Dr. Smoke. The two of us got along and chatted for about 20 minutes on the subject of music and his punk band. I toyed for a moment with the idea of singing in a punk band. That'd be cool! What a great way to get out all this pent-up aggression and angst. I'm wound so tight these days, I'm liable to just snap on someone - No warning. I guess that's why I'm at a pack a day.

Van and I went to see "Unleashed" with Jet Li. It wasn't a bad movie at all, but there was less action than I expected. I have to say that this is the first made-in-America movie that worked well for Mr. Li. "Romeo Must Die" sucked major ass! Has he been in anything else that wasn't made in HK?

After the movie, I was adamant that the two of us should go and get something to drink. So, I walked several blocks - feet bleeding - to a bar, got up to the door, and suffered humiliation!! No I.D.!! Embarassing to no end, and I didn't hear the end of it from Van all night. I couldn't tell if he was really irritated by the situation, or he was trying to give me a hard time.

So, we went back to his place and hung out. I finished off a bottle of vodka and a couple Tequilla shots. Still didn't feel comfortable. He turned on the T.V. and guess who's favorite hottie had on-demand videos to watch! For the first time, I saw the My Chemical Romance video for "I'm Not Okay". It was all I could do not to drop to the floor and writhe around in some type of "Gerard Way is the most incredibly hot creature in existence" fit of desire! I did drool. I did gush. I didn't take my eyes off the screen. Probably not the best way to act in front of my date, but I just couldn't help it. I'd run over my own mother to get to Gerard. Sacrafice my eternal soul? No hesitation.

The night was basically boring beyond that point. It's my own damn fault I suppose.

A last item of note: Van did actually hold the car door open for me once this time. Good boy.

No comments: