9.08.2005

What The Hell Have I Been Up To?

Wow. Time has ravaged this blog like a southern state in a rainstorm. I've been busy. What have I been up to? Well, I can sum it up with a few simple phrases: getting drunk, rock concerts and unprotected sex. Maybe not some of the wisest choices in the world, but certainly some of the most enjoyable.

The first and the last go hand in hand and probably don't need much of an explaination. The rock concerts though, I will divulge.

Let's see...in keeping with my "Summer of Rock" modality, I've been to see The Killers and The White Stripes while I was away. The Killers played "Next Fest" along with local band The Fray, a band called Spoon and a slew of other musicians not particularly memorable. The Fray was really good and had a good raport with the crowd. I always like to see some crowd interaction, participation, what have you, when I go to a show. The Killers performance, however, did not have this quality and I was somewhat disappointed.

The White Stripes kicked so much ass! For a two person band, they really put it on. I would see another show in a heartbeat. If you like The White Stripes even marginally, go and see them live. I swear you won't regret it. As for all the details, you could probably find some in a periodical or publication somewhere. (I just like the word "periodical")

I've hooked up with the new guy at work. He was there for only 3 days before I jumped on it. As far as any gossip about it, we keep it pretty much on the DL. He's everything I never thought I'd find myself with: Catholic, Military and Right Wing Conservative. Although, he's everything I usually find myself falling for: Alcoholic, Tattooed and Emotionally Conservative. He's just down right hot and freakin' cool. I've no doubt this "thing" we have going will crash and burn eventually, but why not live it up when I've got the chance? Besides, I'm sure his well-to-do, attractive and highly available friend will be around to snatch me up. The trick is to stay away from one while I've got the other. I'm a bad, bad girl, but I like it that way.

2 comments:

shenry said...

Dude, the intro paragraph to this post is so wrong on so many levels. That's why I like you.

Neko Noir said...

I wouldn't let you down, Shen!