7.07.2006

A Brush With Hell

I've been such an art whore lately. While I've always had an interest in the subject (I once considered a career path in the art field), it is rekindled monthly by my subscription to this magazine. It is also evidenced by the string of art students I was dating. More recently, I find myself rubbing elbows with the cultured wealthy and the twenty-somethings looking to sip free wine, nibble cheese and hook up.

First, there was the annual art fest, and tonight I cruised the downtown art circuit with a few friends. While the Cherry Creek thing doesn't differ much from year to year, the galleries we visitied tonight sparked some interest. I don't much care for landscapes and still lifes and the run of the mill traditional work. My tastes run a little more toward the fringe. I've added some new links to artists and such on the left, if you're into all that, or if you just want to see what I like.

While hanging out in the rain outside one of the more "fringey" galleries, I ran into a girl that I'd met last October. We'd both ended up in costume at one of my former co-workers house parties. She was a tiger and the only way I recognized her tonight was by her uber-cool accent. I remember pulling on her tail and trying to get my drunken flirt on. She was purring back at me and encouraging my advances. Well, I was completely wasted on "jungle juice" that night and it's the best I can reccollect (when in doubt, double all letters). But she certainly recognized me - out of costume! She reintroduced me to her husband, who just looked me up and down for about 5 minutes and didn't speak.

As I was standing there smoking, none other than Shenry's brother walked up to me! How odd is it that I should happen to meet two people that I'm aquinted with just randomly on the same street corner on the same night? I swear, coicidences must mean something. There's got to be some way to figure them out. I wish I had some sort of calculatory device that could immediately spit out the mathematical odds and probabilities of certain things happening.

Ah well. Paper Mario is calling me again. I am his slave...maaaario.

1 comment:

shenry said...

Remember: You owe me a post about a certain painting that you did.