8.14.2006

Hell At Maximum Capacity

I've known for a while that things were in the works to get my little brother moved in with my father and I. I just thought I would have more time. I thought that another month would transpire before the proper court documents were made official. But, apparently, the school that he can actually get into at this point begins classes this week. Wednesday? Consequently, he's begun moving furniture and rearranging things. Unfortunately, most of my belongings (or at least the ones I use more frequently) are in that room.

This Saturday, I awoke to the sounds of voices and crashing about. Every time I'm rudely stirred from sleep in such a fashion, I silently renew my vow to find an apartment. So, I stumbled upstairs, eager for a shower and groggy and cranky. Guess what? My bathtub was occupied by a hose connected to a draining waterbed. Plus, we had a guest. My brother had decided that it was finally time to disassemble the leaky POS bed and he had invited his girlfriend over to help with the furnishings. So, no shower for me. Thankfully, his girlfriend is really cool and the two of us get along quite well. It's a nice change from the skanks he usually finds to drag around.

Lo and behold, I discover that the boy is on the fast track to moving in! It would have been nice to have a little more notice. I detest having people go through my belongings and would have liked to have the chance to remove them from the construction site. I was also hoping that I'd be able to save enough money to find my own place before the house was overrun. Sonofabitch! Right away, I can see one of the more serious issues is going to be the use of bathroom facilities. Every single f**ing time the little brat uses my bathroom, he pisses all over the damn toilet seat!!! I confronted him with this gripe and he pretended innocence. I know it's him because my father always uses his own, private bathroom. I'm not giving up the bathroom I have now because it's got the very best shower and accomodations. The one downstairs is adjacent to the litter box, and the only other option is through my father's bedroom. This is going to require my foot coming down.

So, that's the primary stress in my life right now. I just wasn't ready for all of this so soon. I hope and pray that the next 6 weeks will go by smoothly and enable my departure from this situation ASAP.

No comments: