8.26.2006

Slipping Into Something A Bit More Hell

I am a night owl, no doubt. While my obnoxious brother and reluctant father slumber, I'm working on the better part of a bottle of wine. Daddy gave me money for movies. I came home with 3 DVDs and a bottle of Zinfandel. Ah, sweet drunken abyss...

Between watching movies and wallowing in my own brokenness, I've found time to paint more. Here is the progress...



Ick..instead of "SunDance", they should call them "SlamDance" - to your death! Well, at least these smokes were free. It's amazing what smokers will do for other smokers.



Ick...instead of "Blogger", they should call it "Bugger" - it takes so long to upload these images. It's probably my connection though, and not Blogger's fault.





Hey, how did these get in here?! I don't keep my kitty in a cooler..I swear...



This picture represents the painting as it stands now. I felt the need to fill in all of my sketches, despite my previous inclination. All that's left is a background. The stark whiteness is too much glaring purity for me to digest. I'm not yet disappointed with this work. It helps for me to step away from time to time, as I find myself staring at this new addition to my basement hideout. It still looks like so much coagluated blood, but me likes anyway.

2 comments:

shenry said...

Yes, you have improved the painting. Less blank white; more orange circles. You might be able to toss in a couple more circles before you reach critical mass.

Neko Noir said...

I don't want to over do it now. There are some circles which aren't so visible yet. They'll come out when I cover up all that nasty white.