2.08.2007

A Foggy Day In Helldon Town

The local weather channel reported the weather this morning as "Dense Freezing Fog". I like fog, not so much to drive in, but it's cool to walk around in. It's the freezing part that I don't care for. Strange weather for the area. We don't usually see fog and I've never heard of the freezing variety. It would be great to live someplace where the fog is a common occurance, like London or San Francisco for instance. Everything's so quiet and misty and creepy looking. The black, jagged skeletons of the winter trees outlined by the mist are beautiful.

In other news, the Fall Out Boy album that dropped Tuesday, which I bought Tuesday, but didn't burn to my pod until last night and didn't listen to until this morning, gets two thumbs up in my book. It's a rare joy to hear an album that you can listen to all the way through. If you like the band, it's a great album. If you don't you won't like the new one as it's very typical of their music. My favorite track so far is number two ~ The Take Over, The Breaks Over.

The boy I've been seeing is in San Francisco right now. He never responds to my text messages. Several times now, I've vowed to stop sending them. I think I've become far more attached than I intended. Fallen in love, maybe. It's a one-way street, I'm afraid. So, I'm trying to keep in mind Shenry's advice to me regarding taking in all of the ups and downs of a relationship and letting them wash over me. Trying to enjoy all the aspects. It's like torture to me. I keep wondering if I should just call it off, or hold out to see what happens. He told me that he might not come back from his trip, but that he'd keep in touch. "Keeping in Touch" doesn't seem to be his strong suit.

3 comments:

ghost said...

ah neko if hes not replying, not taking time to keep you in the loop of his life, and likewise being interested in yours, you need let it go. im afraid youll just end up getting burned on this one.

shenry said...

"It's like torture to me." Yeah, it does require a bit of sadism to embrace both the lows and the highs. But keep in mind, once you find your long-term lover, those highs and lows will fade and you will be left in a constant state of contentment... and every now and then you're gonna want some highs and lows, but all you'll have are the memories. So enjoy those highs and lows while they last.

Neko Noir said...

ghost- you're right about my being burned. I am sure it's going to happen, but I don't know if I ever expected anything else. Question is, is it worth it?

shen- it's true that I find myself in a more creative frame of mind if I'm experiencing emotional pain of some sort. So, maybe the lows can serve a purpose.