2.09.2007

Hell Turns Another Decade

Since today is my last day of being twenty-something, I've been doing much in the way of reflecting. There are, in fact, some things I have learned in my long and tortured life that have pearlized into shiny nuggets of knowledge; beads of wisdom to carry along into my next decade of life. And here, my friends, is where I share them with you in hopes that you may glean some small bit of understanding in the ways of the Nekoverse.

1. Everything in life is much more bearable with comfortable footwear.

2. You cannot hope to change everyone in the world. However, you can change yourself and make a world of difference in that way.

3. Learn to give your monkeys to others. I.e. whenever possible, place your burdens on more appropriate shoulders.

4. Become a connosuir of the things you love.

5. You cannot force someone to love you.

6. Next time, marry for money.

(I might add more later tonight.)

2 comments:

shenry said...

Welcome to the age of enlightenment and wisdom. Remember, though, that I will always be enlighteneder and wiser than thou, for I shall always be older than thou. Respect your elders!

And change #6 to "Never marry."

ghost said...

in that aspect, i am older and wiser than shenry.

happy bday neko.