3.22.2007

Meanderings from the Mind of Hell

As I rushed to the train this morning, I passed the area where the busses dock. There was a man who looked frantic as he patted his jacket pockets and then his pant pockets. He appeared to be looking for his bus pass or fare and I had the sudden desire to be able to provide him with it as I walked by. Then, I thought to myself, “Wouldn’t it be grand to go through life providing people with just what they needed as you pass?” Some change here, a shoulder there, tie a shoe, rescue a puppy. It reminded me of the Coke commercial I’ve seen lately. The ad begins just like a video game; Grand Theft Auto style. Instead of running over people and smashing mailboxes, the driver jumps out of the car and does a string of good deeds. People sing, hot dog venders dance, and “give a little love” plays over it all.

My next thought was that it would take a large amount of money to be able to pull off the good-fairy routine. Or super powers. Well, Superheroes run around helping people, don’t they? But why?? Is it out of a genuine love for mankind, or do they just like showing off? Maybe they like using their powers so much that they jump at every opportunity. Look at Superman. His alter ego is Clark Kent. Nerdy, clumsy…it’s Superman’s impression of what men are like. So, doesn’t that mean he’s got a low opinion of our race? In that case, maybe he does like showing off.

I suppose that if I had superpowers, I’d be a super villain.

1 comment:

ghost said...

i already am a super villain. i could use a partner in my nefarious activities.