3.19.2007

What the Hell Have I Gotten Myself Into?

I’ve had my head up my ass lately. My room’s a mess, my diet’s gone to shit, and I’m once again spending money like it’s flying out of my ass. (although it obviously isn’t because my head’s up there) I’ve been dating someone and it’s a sticky situation.

See, he’s real nice to me. He’s brought me roses and had my nails done. He’s got a nice car and a house to himself. He treats me all the time and he’s real sweet. Problem is, I’m just not into him anymore (read “after the first date”). The other problem is, last night he just about said ‘those three little words’. I shut him up before he had the chance. Jesus, 3 dates and already he’s offering to co-sign on loans and shit. It’s too bad that I feel sick every time he touches me. I loathe him despite his generosity.

I’ve definitely been on the flip side of this coin. I finally understand why those certain few guys just up and ran. I’d up and run too. I want to up and run. But, I don’t want to break his heart. I know it’s going to happen anyway, so I’d better do it now before things get any worse. I am afraid that he’s going to stalk me, or try to hurt me. And, having already been through that experience, it’s not something I’d like to repeat. Eeesh. I guess I’m being punished again for chasing boys. Do I ever learn? Maybe the point of this one is to teach me about being too eager in relationships.

In other news, I went to see Single File on Saturday night. They’re locals that kick. Other bands playing were Box 3, The Hanks, and Saving Verona. The Hanks were bitchin’!! I’d heard of them, but never seen them or heard their music. They cooked it up on stage that night. Lead singer = really cute. I didn’t see Saving Verona, because I was too busy doing the groupie thing with The Hanks. I got them all to sign my tie. I had the school-girl outfit on. While trying to help the band pack their instruments (you can put that trombone right here, mister!), I met a dude who works with a record company. He was cute in a Rivers Cuomo kind of way and I told him as much. We hung out for the rest of the show and I got his number. No making out, unfortunately. However, I DID get Singe File to sign my underwear!!! Corey (= another hottie lead singer) said, “That’s kinda hot.” I think I said, “So are you.” I wish I’d stuck around a little longer with those guys. Why are band guys so fucking hot??!!

No comments: