4.06.2006

Hell in a Plastic Cup

It's half past 2 in the afternoon and I'm sitting here in my robe, sipping Chinese tea. I woke up about a half hour ago, toasted up some tater-tots and fought with the computer again. Our struggle ended badly last night, but I won this morning! I don't know how I'll manage to start working at 8 in the morning again. Two o'clock feels like hell. I guess it doesn't matter what time I arise, I still feel like crap. That might explain why I don't usually want to get out of bed. That might explain why I lose my job for not showing up.

But, I have a new job now! I had an interview yesterday afternoon and I aced it. They want me to take a drug test tomorrow before they can combine it with the results of my background check and decide if I'm still desireable as an employee. WEll, I'm not a felon or a junkie, so there shouldn't be issues. It pays to not get caught. I'll be working next week and onward for about 6 months in the legal department of an insurance company. Same old "file this" and "copy that" bullshit though. I haven't landed that art career or bass player gig yet, so this is what I get. I do plan to become a rep for Passion Parties, if I can swing the financial end. That'll give me a night job that could turn into a full time thing. Then, I can go from there.

More good news for Neko this week. On monday, I learned the results of my ex-husband's trial. The fucker gets 12 years. Did I post that already? Well, it bears repeating. That rotten, lowly bastard gets to be passed around for cigarettes for the next twelve years of his life as payment for what he did to me. Good! That'll give me time to skip town before he tries it again. Because, I don't believe he'll ever stop trying to kill me. Ever. I'm happy to have the whole court process over with. I'm happy that it wasn't continued AGAIN. It was almost 2 years ago that these crimes were committed and only now have we reached resolution. Jezus. Now, at least, I can move on and make more solid plans for myself.

With that hurdle reached, and my new job, I'll be ready to move soon. That will be great for my sence of pride and lack of personal space. Unless my future roommate's got a computer, I'll still have to visit this place for my net fix.

No comments: