4.06.2006

I Am Hell's Bleeding Ears

I almost forgot the reason I fought so hard to get online this morning (afternoon). I've been working on a mix cd for my cousin this week, between all my other projects. Told you I had several going at once. I've finally ended up with a satisfactory arrangement and I burned 2 copies of it. The title is "Sugarplumbs and Suicide" and the track listing is as follows:

1. Fall Out Boy - "My heart is the worst kind of weapon" (acoustic)
2. Motion City Soundtrack - "Resolution"
3. My Chemical Romance - "Headfirst for Halos"
4. The Flaming Lips - "One more robot/sympathy 3000-21"
5. Ween - "Freedom of '76"
6. 3 - "Bramfatura"
7. Beck - "Scarecrow"
8. Weezer - "This is such a pity"
9. 3 - "Dogs of War"
10. The Flaming Lips - "Yoshimi battles the pink robots part 1"
11. My Chemical Romance - "Romance"
12. 3 - "Dregs"
13. Nine Inch Nails - "Every day is exactly the same"
14. Beck - "Missing"
15. The White Stripes - "Take, take, take"
16. Fink - "We are ninja"

It took me 3 days to get all the tracks in just the right order. Couldn't tell you if my cousin will like it or not. I haven't seen him for a year and a half and only spoke with him briefly since then. But, we somehow miraculously seem to be on the same level, so I'm trusting luck that he'll approve of my choices. It's just like me too, to turn this into some overblown art project. Instead of a simple track listing and black magic marker label, I'm birthing an entire booklet of pictures and blurbs about the songs. I made up a clever cover on the computer. I have copies of each album cover, which I'll embellish with lace and glitter, etc. On the back of each album page, I've written up a list of all the songs I used from that album, plus a little comment about each. It should amuse him.

Who gets copy #2, you ask? Shenry does, although he'll get the more basic version. He's the grand master of mix cds and in return for his advice, I'm sharing my creative energies with him.

What's next, you ask? The next mix cd, solely for my own amusement, will be "Songs for My Funeral" or some similar title. Shenry will get a copy of that one too, since I plan to elicit his assistance again.

1 comment:

shenry said...

Nekophiliac, you should think about joining me and ghost in one of our cd swaps. All you gotta do is burn two copies, one to be handed to me and the other to be shipped to Texas. Just sayin', you're "Sugarplums and Suicide" mix looks kicking. I look forward to jammin' to it.

Anyway, think about swapping, k? We'd love to have you join us. We could even jump on your "Songs for My Funeral" theme, if'n you want.