11.21.2006

They Like it When Hell Freezes Over

What is the deal with penguins these days? Yesterday, I stepped off of the light rail in the morning and a person in a penguin suit handed me a fortune cookie. I didn't eat the cookie because the wrapper was open. Years of trick-or-treating has taught me never to eat something that's not completely sealed. It should have also taught me not to take things from penguins, but I guess not. I did open the cookie to see what my fortune was. Apparently, my future holds public transportation advertisements. I felt screwed. Screwed by a penguin. Shenry says that penguins have large penis, so maybe I shouldn't complain.

But, again, what's the deal with penguins these days? There's a new penguin animated movie out, it seems that every marketing agency has adopted the penguin as it's new whore, and they seem to be everywhere. I imagine that it started with that March of the Penguins movie. Although I haven't seen the thing personally, I hear it was wildly popular. I'm just not sure how the concept of flightless arctic birds became trendy. They're cute and all, but why such an insurgance of popularity now?

We're so popular!

2 comments:

shenry said...

Penguins have long penises. How do I know? I know because their penises touch the ground when they walk. (In the snow, you can tell male penguin foot prints from females' by the penis drag marks between the left and right foot.) Now, I look at myself and I think, "Hey, if my penis dragged on the ground when I walked, then I'd have one large unit between my legs." Therefore, if a penguin's penis is touching the ground when he waddles, then he must be hung like Chuck Norris. (I once hear somebody speak the truism: Chuck Norris isn't hung like a horse; horses are hung like Chuck Norris.)

Neko Noir said...

Well, Chuck Norris is pretty popular, so maybe that explains it.