3.30.2006

Another Day in Hell

I worked on the hoodie some more last night. First, I sketched out some bat silouettes and transferred them onto a cardboard slab. Next, I took my trusty Exacto blade and carved out a template:



Then, I mixed up some fabric paint and began transferring the battiness to fabric...



But, the paint has bled through to the soft inner side of the hoodie, compromising the blankety blissfull softness. So, I've hung up the hoodie to dry while I ponder a solution. I can't have the hoodie not be all cuddly soft anymore, 'cause then I'll never wear it and the whole project will be void. Hmmm...

While that little endeavor is on the hanger, I started work on a painting. The style is totally ripped from Junko Mizuno, but I've tried to add some personal flare to it. Here's my prelim:



I meant to have a flock of crows in the background, but by the time I was finished etching out the foreground, there wasn't much room left for my beloved birdies. I'll find a way to get them in there anyway:



I started painting before I even thought to take some pictures. But, I thought I could add to my project by documenting it like I am with the hoodie. Here's the pic with the background filled in a little more:



So, now I'm letting the painting dry for a bit and I really should be eating something. It's already 3:30?! Good god, I've eaten nothing all day and I'm out of smokes again and I'm teetering on the edge of a breakdown. This will be fun to look back on later when I'm sober and stable and medicated and happy again. Whee! It's kind of fun playing with my sanity and this beer is starting to get to me....

1 comment:

shenry said...

I see. No job = more posts. Things are looking lively around this blog.