3.31.2006

Insomnia is Hell

Geez. Look at the time. Since I've been unemployed, my biology is all screwed up. I finally got back on my meds this afternoon, thank god. I also happen to be sober. Those are two very obvious reasons why I can't get to sleep. I thought it'd be fun to post to my mobile blog (Neko A-Go-Go) and see the time progression as I toss and turn. But, as of 12:00 this a.m., Sprint shut off my phone service. I'll be able to go and pay the bill tomorrow morning, or this morning, however you see it. So, it's not something I can't handle. I've got to go and hit up Walmart for some razors and some hand soap anyway. I wonder if I'll sleep between now and then. From here on out it'll be fun stuff like shampoo and kitty litter that I'll get to spend my money on. No new clothes or CDs for Neko.

I keep saying it over and over, but I've got to quit smoking. The money I could save ~ not to mention my own life. I'm on "the patch". Not the nicotine patch, but the birth control patch. If you've payed only passing attention to the news, you might have noticed that the combination of that little sucker and smoking tends to cause blood clots and send little girls like me to the hospital, or even better, the morgue. Every time my heart beats irregularly, I think, "This is it Neko. Time's up."

Whenever I lay down, my rabbitty little think box fills itself up with the intricasies (fuck off Webster) of the next nifty project I could be working on. The next nifty project I am working on already in my head. There are around four of them. Or, I mentally go through my routine for tomorrow. What will I wear? What time should I leave the house? How will the evening progress? Will Walmart be crowded and what's the best time of day to avoid the Friday crowd? If I get all punk for my bf, will I feel uncomfortable going to cash my check? Do I care? Ack!

But, after painting all day, I'm kind of created out. I don't feel that I could keep interest in a movie and I don't really want to play video games either. I could beat my head against a wall, but that might wake up the other dwellers. I got up, ate some rice, had a glass of apple soda, lit up a smoke (you're going to die, Neko) and here I am trying to relieve the pressure in my brain.

No comments: