12.05.2006

My First Day in Hell

Ok...breathe...fheh, fheh.
Relax those muscles....whhh, whhh.
Fight urge to kill....haah, haah.

It has now been exactly 30hours and 40minutes since my last cigarette. I managed to ride in a car and hang out last night with two people smoking. I didn't ask for a toke, or nothin'! When I got home, there was one, unsmoked cigarette (my Dad's) resting, one end propped up on the rim of a clean ashtray, gleaming, white, mocking. It grinned its addiction smile across the kitchen counter directly at a half empty bottle of wine.

The hippo on the label of the Fat Bastard 2004 Shiraz winks back a French wink at the stogie. It grins as well. It wouldn't be nearly as tempting if it were a full bottle of wine. As it is though, it's like a task incomplete. It's the 299th and 300th gems in level 6 of Spyro that still haven't been collected. That's okay though. I know it's waiting and I know it's going to wait, right there, until January.

I didn't touch the cigarette. I didn't touch the vino. I am a model of will-power!

The only blunders last night were financially and nutritionally and even they weren't horrible. I went and saw Turistas with Silver, Shenry's cousin (I'll let him give her a nick name), and Poland. As usual, my phone crapped out during the day and I had to walk to Shen's house with the same uncertainty as I do every Thursday - will someone be home, or will I have to trot my happy-ass back through the ghetto again? So, I was uncertain as to what time we were to see the movie, etc. So, I didn't eat on the way there.

By the time we got to the theatre, I was starved. I got myself a hot pretzel with cheese. First of all, just as with everything else at the movies, I got reamed on the price. Secondly, I don't know how it's possible to screw up a hot pretzel, but this one was fucked. Third, "Nacho Cheese" isn't the healthiest thing in the world. It's likely not even vegitarian. Eeesh.

To sum up, I shouldn't have spent the dough for that dough. I can't say I regret spending money on the flick though.

2 comments:

shenry said...

go go neko. you can do it. and I love the devil head counter you've added to the sidebar.

Neko Noir said...

Thanks! I just had to have something nifty to help me count the hours and I thought that the devil was appropo.