6.14.2006

Neko's Decent Into Hell

I kicked ass today. I got up early, went to a job interview, finished my mixed CD and prepared for Silver's Passion Party. Whew. It's good that I took care of business. I've decided that being with Spike is a special treat. The only way I'll allow myself the intense pleasure of Spike's company, is if I finish everything on my mental "to do" list. Since I'm so keen on seeing him, it's the perfect incentive to get my ass moving. Plus, it kills time. I've still got 2 hours left before I leave for downtown and it's practically killing me! Chain smoking doesn't waste time like it should either and it's not doing much for my lungs.

Ghost, Shenry and Silver will be impressed that I finished my CD for them. I don't know what they'll think of the music, but the fact that I actually got it done should be amazing enough in itself. Following is the track listing for "Neko's Untimely Demise" and a brief explaination of each song. If you're on the list to get a copy, the next paragraph is a spoiler, read at your own risk.

Neko's Untimely Demise
The theme for this month's swap was "songs to play at your funeral". Sounds like something I'd pick, right? For the cover art, I drudged up a picture of a grave that I took in New Orleans last June.

Part 1: in case of death by gunfight, lover's quarrel, or unholy resurrection (i.e. Blaze of Glory)

You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison by My Chemical Romance

You know I had to include at least one song from my favorite band. I woulnd't be Neko without my seething obsession for Gerard Way. This track happens to also be my favorite song from My Chem. I think it's the ideal music to have playing in the background if you're in the process of robbing a bank and have to engage in a heated gunbattle with the feds. Freakin' Wicked Cool!!!!

Living Dead Girl by Rob Zombie

My recent outing with Silver to see Zombie has reignighted my love for the man. He's one of two guys I ever thought was hot wearing a belt buckle. I'd want this track playing during the scene where my hand thrusts out of the freshly piled earth that once was my grave. And then, my reanimated corpse wreaks havoc and eats brains, but somehow remains disturbingly sexy.

Love Ridden by Fiona Apple

I love Fiona Apple. She's the perfect person to listen to after you've broken up with someone. There's one particular song I'd love to dedicate to my ex-husband as a way of telling him to fuck off (as if the restraining order and prison weren't enough). This song however, has a "what the heck" kind of atmosphere. The girl's taking a chance and damn the consequences. I'd want my friends to listen to this at my wake and think, "Well, at least she died having fun."

Figured You Out by Nickelback

I loved this song forever and only recently discovered who it was. I think that the singer is offering a description of me and how I've led my life to some degree. Plus, I think it kicks ass and I couldn't resist adding it.

Vampires Will Never Harm You by My Chemical Romance

Here's a track from My Chem's first album, which I don't think "the public" has had all that much exposure to. I think the title is almost self-explainatory. I've got a thing for vampires.

Little Ghost by The White Stripes

It's a cute song. Maybe I'm trying to give hope to my mourning family that I might live happily onward on some etherial plane. I dig on ghosts as well.

Dani California by The Red Hot Chili Peppers

This one is close to being overplayed already. As the first single off the new album, the radio can't wait 5 minutes before repeating it. But, I think it's a good one. It's another one of those songs that I imagine some ex-boyfriend singing about me. yeah, I flatter myself. But the point is, I'm a crazy woman who went down in a blaze of glory, right?

The Ghost of You by My Chemical Romance

Yup, another one. It's the song that inspired the theme for this swap and I loved it before it ever got radio play and MTV airtime. To me, the theme of the video doesn't really match my vision of what the song is about. If you manage to stop screaming into your pillow because Gerard is so damn smokin' and listen to the lyrics, it's really heartbreaking and sung with so much emotion.

Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine by The Killers

Silver and Shenry should get a kick out of just the title alone. If you don't know it already, the Killers' album "Hot Fuss" (hee hee, I typed hot buss) contains a trilogy of sorts about a guy who murders his girlfriend. It's funny (kinda) how many scenarios described by the songs on this mix are so likely to happen to me. Wouldn't it be ironic?

I'll go over the tracks on Part 2 later. I'm sick of typing.

2 comments:

shenry said...

awesome. I look forward to it.

Neko Noir said...

Now that we've swapped, I'm eager to hear feedback. BTW, I got Silver's CD cover, but not the actual CD. Are you trying to tease me?!