6.11.2006

Pulling My Head Out of Hell

It's half past midnight. I can't sleep. Big surprise, huh? I think that a review of the time signatures on this blog would show that most of my posts are between 10p and 2a. I can't really seem to ever sleep. You'd think that a six mile hike this afternoon, in the blazing hot sun, would tire me out, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I guess it's just as well, as Blogger has a "scheduled outage" for tomorrow morning. (Yeah, like I'd be up anyway) Correction - I can sleep, but it's only during daylight hours. Nosferatu anyone?

So, I'm laying there thinking, "Now that I've got the relationship part of my life pretty much handled, it's time to get cracking on the rest of life." I jumped up and logged on so I could remember later what it is that I'm thinking now. Normally, in a serious relationship, I have a tendancy to shut down everything else and focus entirely on that. That isn't a good thing. It's time to change that aspect of my personality. I think a relationship tends to suffer if each person doesn't take time to persue their own interests. That way, things tend to flow better. Each person can bring in new things to share with the other. It keeps things fresh. While I can't be with Spike right now (much as I'd love to), our time apart is healthy. I feel bad about myself when I slack too much and don't take care of business. When I see him again, it will be all that much sweeter. How does that saying go? "Absense make the heart grow stronger" or something like that?

Well, let's see what I've got to acomplish this week. I've got to apply for more jobs. I'll never get out of this house if I don't start bringing in a regular paycheck. I've got to apply for unemployment, damn it. I keep forgetting to do that. I have that mix cd to finish and give to Shenry. I have a Passion Party on Friday and I need to review my products, finish my lapbooks, and practice my presentation. That party will be key to any further business if I want to stay a consultant. I've got to refresh my fliers around the neighborhood. Also on Friday, I have an exam to take for a job with the State. It would be sweet if I got that one. Tomorrow night (tonight) I have book club. Haven't read the book, but it's important to maintain that aspect of my social calendar. I've failed to obtain the month's scheduled reading once before, and I didn't catch any flack, so I think it's safe.

So, here's what's on the agenda for tomorrow:
Look online for new jobs.
Apply for unemployment.
Refresh Passion Parties fliers.
Finish mix CD for Shenry, Ghost and Silver.
Work on lapbooks.
Go to Book Club.
Hopefully, see Spike.

That shouldn't be too much to handle in one day, assuming that I get up before noon. Alright, time to get cracking!

2 comments:

shenry said...

Get it, yo. It is important that each person in a relationship retains their independence. Otherwise, identities get lost within each other and dependencies take hold. Once dependencies take hold feeling of being trapped can take hold. Or if the dependencies are one-way then feelings of inequity arise. I believe the best way to avoid these trappings is to retain independent aspects of your lives.

Neko Noir said...

I'm so glad you agree. That's one problem I had with Prophet when we were going out and eventually, doomed it to failure. One thing you didn't mention is resentment. If you're the one giving up yourself for the other, sooner or later you end up resenting that person.