10.04.2006

My Little Soapbox In Hell

Oh...my....god. Has anyone out there heard of these "gay sheep" experiments?! I'm suprised that the University isn't being stormed as I type. As I feel is my duty, I wrote another letter:

Ed Ray, President
Oregon State University
634 Kerr Administration Building
Corvallis, OR 97331-2128

RE: Frederick Stormshak and Charles Roselli Sheep Experiments

Dear Sir:

I am terribly concerned about the “Gay-Sheep” experiments being conducted by Oregon State University’s (OSU) Frederick Stormshak and Oregon Health and Science University’s (OHSU) Charles Roselli. The insidious rationale of this experiment is to identify a biological basis for homosexuality in sheep in an effort to “cure” it in humans. I find this incredibly offensive and unacceptable and I request that this experiment be stopped immediately.

I was shocked to learn that the experiments are being funded by tax payers. The dubious argument that the research is necessary to save ranchers from economic loss would be laughable except for the tragedy. What happened to artificial insemination of livestock? Male sheep don’t necessarily need to be attracted to female sheep in order for offspring to be produced. I’m appalled at this senseless and unnecessary killings involved with this “research”. Surgical estrogen implants? I can hardly express my distain at this bizarre experimentation.

Even more astounding is that researchers intend to translate their findings in sheep to humans. The implication that homosexuality in humans is something defective that must be “cured” is a slap in the face of all of those fighting to gain equal rights and respect denied them due to their sexual orientation. I cannot see that this will in any way help the reputation of the college or benefit its students or its taxpayers. There are so many other causes that are far more worthy to receive funds. Why not direct these funds to more deserving and important research – such as curing real problems like cancer and AIDS?

Thank you for your time and I truly hope that you will seriously consider what I have written.



Sincerely,




The smoking flames of my indignation have been fanned and my activism is ablaze today!!! Good god, I'd almost laugh if it wasn't such an Aldus Huxley nightmare!!

6 comments:

ghost said...

you know, when i send in my taxes, i really should have the right to determine where it is used.

Neko Noir said...

Hell yeah! I wonder if there's a campaign for that...

Random said...

i read about that a while ago but didn't know who, exactly, was doing it. i was hoping maybe it was an urban legend.

why are we, as a race, so freakin' interested in what other people do with their genitalia? i'm just wondering.

Neko Noir said...

Hey, if you want to know what I think it is, I have one word for you: Christianity.

shenry said...

Oregan? That's odd. I mean, I'd expect this kind of thing from Wyoming, but not Oregan. Personally, I think the world could use more gay sheep... they don't kick when you sneak up on them from behind and give 'em the ol' Italian sheep sausage massage.

Neko Noir said...

Ha! Sausage Massage...that's a good one! See, in Wyoming, they probably know the value of gay sheep much better.