10.20.2006

To Hell With Marriage

I found out two important things this morning on my caffine run. #1: Coffee-house cutie does not have the same name as my father. #2 Coffee-house cutie also has a wedding ring. Damn. It must be true that all the good ones are married (or gay). However, married guys sometimes get divorced. Married guys are sometimes unfaithful to their wives. I don't have much of a problem with married men. Well, sometimes I do. If they happen to be married to my friends, I have a problem. If they happen to be supporting children, I do. I have, in fact, "been with" a married man at least once. As far as I know, it didn't destroy their marriage. I never met his wife. I suppose if he wanted to be with me, there was something wrong with his marriage anyway. Or maybe I'm just that hot.

On the bright side, he told me that he really liked my card (the one with my phone number on it). When I asked him if he was going to use it, he said,"possibly" and then pointed to his ring. I said, "Just my luck." But, he did say that he really appreciated it and that it'd been a long time since "that" had happened to him. He's got a really cute smile. Damn.

But, I left knowing that I'm not a complete idiot and that all the unnecessary fretting over whether or not giving out my number was a good idea was exactly that. So, I feel better now. I'll feel even better if he calls me though.

4 comments:

shenry said...

Hey, you made that guy's day. Seriously, getting hit on by an attractive lady such as yourself is awesome.

Neko Noir said...

Sweet! I'm never certain where the manhunt will lead.

shenry said...

Maybe that's how you should approach the manhunt/flirty thing, with the intent that all you're doing is making some guy glow with happiness because you paid him a compliment. If more comes of it, like a phone# or email exchange, then cool. Other wise, you walk away feeling like you did a good dead for the day by making some guy feel warm and happy.

Neko Noir said...

Well, I don't think most guys deserve to just have their day made though. A passing compliment or comment, maybe is as far as I'll go in the future.