10.06.2006

Sip This In Hell

I've just arrived from the inspiring pages of the Book of Shenry. Every so often, I feel the need to comment on a post more than the little comment box and internet ediquette will allow. So, I've left a calling card and am expanding on my thoughts in the privacy of my own blog. (privacy? Ha!)

The subject of the Great Lord of Gor Gor's post was beer. Specifically, how he's not intending to waste his time with such beverage. I understand his perspective on the subject. After all, unless I have an empty stomach, beer doesn't do much for me either. But, I say to people who say to me "I don't like beer" the same thing I say to people who tell me, "I don't like tofu." My response is that "you just haven't tried the right one or had it prepared the right way." After all, there is a world of beer out there (and a world of tofu). There are domestics and imports. There are lights, darks, ambers, etc. My absolute favorite all time beer is "Sheaf Stout". It's imported from Australia and hard to find where I live currently. It's got a dark, caramelly flavor and is not available in 6-pack form or canned. I drink Heinekin at bars (and strip clubs). My first beer was Corona. At home, I drink whatever shitty swill my father has in the fridge.

Yes, Neko is a lush. But, I don't generally puke on people or run out in the street and try to force my way into strangers' cars. I can hold it, because I've had so much practice.

My favorite non-beer beverage is a Vodka martini. There's a certain level of class associated with a martini, be it Vodka or Gin. A martini is something you sip in your cocktail gown at the cigar club. My preference is for olives and I used to drink them dirty. My grandma likes a Beefeater's martini with a twist of orange, and she'll kick your ass and give you what-for if you don't fix it right! A martini can, under no circumstances, be served in a plastic container. A martini must not be served in any other shaped glass than the classic "v" shaped martini glass. Martini's can be chocolate or creme brule flavored and still be martinis, but they don't carry the distinction of high society that the standard gin or vodka do.

All get back to this later...it's lunchtime.

1 comment:

shenry said...

Granted, the possibility exists that I have yet to sip that one beer (most likely a dark microbrew) that makes me exclaim, "I have tasted the saliva of god, and it is good!" But given a decade of legal drinking status, and a couple years experience on top that, and I still haven't found that beer. The perfect beer is going to have to find me, because I'm done searching.

On martinis: Vodka martini, dry, two olives. Gin is cool too, but I don't drink gin as much simply because it takes half a week for that juniper after taste to dissipate. Not to be a snobby purist, but those bastardized martinis --chocolate, mint, cinnamon, etc.-- really don't qualify.