10.06.2006

Three Little Kitties from Hell

Some people spend their time on the internet downloading the latest Venture Bros. episodes, or watching midgets of mixed race get it on with amputee transexuals, or blasting their good friends all to Hell in a war game sim. Me? I use the net to watch homemade movies of people's cats chasing feathers, or a group of kittens in Korea pile themselves into tissue boxes. Sick, isn't it? Yeah, I know.

All of this animal philanthropy has gotten me into trouble. The last time I was dropping off a donation at the shelter, I made the mistake of going to visit the kitties. I love animals of all kinds, but the cats is where my true weakness lies. Someday, I'll have a huge ranch somewhere and all the kitties from all the shelters will come and live with me and none of them will ever be put to sleep again, as long as they're healthy. But, for now, there's one particular cat that's got my attention. His name is Kaos. He's a chubby blue point Himalayan. I saw him briefly through the glass of his confining little cage. Love at first sight! Sigh. He was sleeping all curled up in a big, fat fluff of a mound.

I happened to mention this encounter in passing to my father. I didn't even really think adopting Kaos was a possibility, so I didn't push, I just mentioned it briefly. He asked me to send him the info from the shelter. I did. Guess who's taking home a new kitty today!!! Yay! My older cat is going to be P I S S E D!! He's really going to hate me for a while. This Kaos kitty is an older cat, about 6 years, so I'm hoping that he'll be mellow. The little kitty I already have will adjust. I will have to leave one of the kitties behind when I move, because there's no way I can cram 3 cats into the size of apartment I can afford. But, the third kitty will live safely with my father, so I'll have visitation rights.

2 comments:

ghost said...

i want a cat. but. i dont have time to take care of one, much more give it the attention they deserve.

Neko Noir said...

They don't require nearly as much time as dogs do. If you get two of them, they keep each other company!