10.27.2006

Side of Brain, Marinated in Hell

If I could just slow my brain down a moment, I think it would help. I'm terribly depressed today, but my mind is moving a mile a minute and none of it is productive. Maybe if I could just focus for a bit and think about some solutions to my many issues, I wouldn't feel so lost. It's driving me nuts. I wish I could just go back to sleep. I can't tell if the meds are helping or making things worse. My stomach is sick. I need to eat something or I'm gonna ralph. That and the weather and my brain are making me miserable.

Nothing seems to help aside from listening to the new MCR album, which I can't do while I'm here in the office. I know it sounds lame to blame my happiness on a band, but music often has healing properties. It helps me focus and takes control of my emotions for me. It's a welcome relief. Maybe one of the reasons I feel such a connection to this band is that whenever I'm feeling really low, they release a new album. Granted, it's not the happiest music in the world. But, it's sympathetic to my mood and that sympathy is what makes me feel better.

My favorite song so far from The Black Parade is I Don't Love You. It's one of the slower songs, but not as slow as Cancer. I really love Gerard's vocalizations in this track. It's catchy and of course I can relate to the theme. Someday I really have to meet this band. I love the whole group so much!

No comments: