9.27.2006

Do They Have Diedrich's In Hell?

Another letter outgoing:

Dear Dietrich Coffee,

I have been visiting your --- location in ---- for several weeks now. My favorite beverage so far has been the Mayan Mocha. While I enjoy the coffee and the atmosphere at this location, I have a concern.

Each time I finish with my mocha, I throw a cup, a lid and a sleeve in the trash. Considering how much coffee I consume and how many customers your store has, I can assume that this location alone produces quite a bit of waste. So, I began to ponder what could be done about the situation and I came up with an idea that I'd like to share.

The paper sleeves that fit over the cups to protect hands from being burnt seem to be the most practical product to save, as they generally stay fairly clean. What if Dietrich were to offer an incentive to return the sleeves? Say, for every one recieved, a donation could be made by your company to a local environmental concern. Or, they could be preprinted with some type of coupon or savings offer. This way, Dietrich would save money and gain public applause. Consumers would be encouraged to support your locations. The environment would be saved landfill space and have some portion of forest preserved.

I hope that you will consider my idea. Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,

No comments: