9.26.2006

The First Little Note From Hell

As promised, I've submitted my idea to Starbucks:

Dear Starbucks,

Not entirely certain that I'm writing to the correct department, I trust that this email with be filtered to the appropriate parties.

Every day, when I've finished with my morning cup of Starbucks coffee, I find myself alarmed at the amount of waste that goes into the trash can. There is a cup, a lid, and a cardboard sleeve to keep my fingers from burning. I can't help but wonder if at least one of those items could be put to good use after I'm finished with it.

Specifically, I am pondering what could be done with the cardboard sleeve and I have an idea that I'd like to offer. Is there some way that the sleeves could be returned? Say, for discounts or some similar benefit?
What if, for every sleeve returned to the store, a donation was made to an environmentally concerned charity? Yoplait yogurt has a similar campaign for which they trade lids for donations to Breast Cancer research. I'd be delighted if Starbucks were to adopt a similar cause, such as forest conservation efforts or recycling initiatives.

Please consider my idea and do this small part toward helping our planet.

Thank you for your time and consideration!


Next up ~ Peet's Coffee and Tea

2 comments:

ghost said...

rock on chica. youre like the new captain planet. she's our hero.

Neko Noir said...

I try, at least I try. It's the "starfish mentality" at work.