9.08.2006

Horrendously Endless Loot Leakage!

My activist molecules kicking in, I went to visit PETA's website moments ago. Apparently, my generous tendencies warranted dropping 20 bucks on animal friendly related products. I thought I couldn't spend money if I didn't go out. Lies, all lies.

I've managed to spend around $800 dollars in one week. Good God! First, I had to take care of bills and debts that had piled up during my long period of unemployment. Then, I had to buy that iPod Nano as a reward for getting a job and maintaining perfect attendance for a month (until yesterday). I'd wanted one forever and damn the consequences. Tomorrow, Silver and I are going to the spa, where I will drop another $200. Yee gods. And I thought I was doing such a good job of restraining myself. Well, it's rice and beans and green tea for the rest of the month. If I spend one more unnecessary penny, I'm going to have to chop off a hand. I really don't make so much money!!

Holy Christ. At least Roach's Passion Party next weekend has some promise of earning me an extra buck or two. I hope the attendance is good and that people are feeling extra spendy on themselves. If nothing else, at least I can write the gas off on my taxes.

Whatever I've got to do to get a place of my own has to be done. Everyday at home lately has been a pressing reminder of how much I want to live alone. But, if I don't stop the wallet hemmoraging immediately, Neko will be going nowhere. I try to remind myself that next month won't bring so many bills. I won't have to repay anyone's loans and I just signed a new agreement with the cell phone vampires in hopes that they won't suck as much out of my bank account as they have been. Must not spend....must not spend...

No comments: