9.06.2006

Horse Eating Legal no Longer

Today is the national call-in day for voters to urge their House Reps to protect horses from slaughter in the U.S. Horse flesh is regularly sold overseas for human consumption. Almost 100,000 horses were slaughtered last year.

So, call your House Rep. and either say the following or make up your own script:

" I am a constituent, and I am calling to ask that Representative _____ please protect American horses from slaughter and support H. R. 503, the Horse Slaughter Prevention Act. I also urge you to oppose any amendments to H.R. 503. I am very concerned about American horses, and I don't want them to be slaughtered."

So, come on. If I can get off my lazy ass and make this phone call, so can you! If people in other countries want to eat horse meat, let them eat their own damn horses. (Of course, I don't advocate meat-eating of any kind anywhere) It's easy to look up your House Rep. online.

This has been a public service announcement from Neko.

3 comments:

ghost said...

i didnt realize we still did that. good gods, that has never even crossed my mind. ::dialing::

Neko Noir said...

Did you call? If you did, you totally rock!

ghost said...

i did and i did it on the school's dime. stick it to the man.